I hope everybody had an awesome Easter last weekend! We had a very fun, busy celebration weekend this year.
Lily and TJ ended up doing 3 separate Easter egg hunts, all on Saturday. The first was in our living room, where the Easter Bunny left them all sorts of awesome stuff. They had a fun time finding them, especially Lily. TJ was a little distracted though...every time he found one he just said, "I kwongwy" (translation: I'm hungry) and just wanted to eat the few he found.



Then after all of that excitement was over Tony went to Squire Creek to work at their Easter Party there. He called about an hour later to see if we wanted to come to it, and I thought it would be fun for them to see the Easter Bunny. So we all got ready and headed out there for Easter bash #2. It was a gorgeous hot day (which Tony informed me was actually just warm, apparently I'm just pregnant) and they were really excited to meet the Easter bunny. TJ especially was on his tippy toes in line and could hardly contain his excitement trying to see this bunny. Lily hung back a little, he scared her a lot. I debated whether or not I should tell them that this Easter Bunny was actually their Daddy in dress-ups. I decided not to at first, but when it was our turn to take a picture TJ got a little nervous and Lily was terrified. We couldn't even make her get close to him. So I decided to tell her it was Tony. She even peaked inside his mask, but
still she would not take a picture with him unless I was holding her, and even then she was not happy about it. She warmed up eventually during the Easter egg hunt and gave him a high five, but that was it.

When TJ found out it was Tony he was pretty excited. It was hard to tell if he was thinking that his daddy was dressed up like the Easter bunny, or if his daddy
was the Easter bunny. Either way, he kept track of that bunny for the rest of the morning, giving him a high five or a hug every chance he got. He kept saying, "Where Bunny Daddy?" whenever he couldn't see him.
 |
| Lily really got into this Easter egg hunt. She just rab right out there with the other kids and got a big bag full. |
Later that evening the kids went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dunlop's house. They had one more Easter Egg hunt and had a fun time playing there. Tony and I were attempting a date night before the baby gets here but it was cut a little short. We had almost made it to West Monroe before our van made a crazy sound and gray smoke started coming from the hood. It turns out it was just he A/C and we could have just turned it off and moved on, but we didn't know that at the time, so we went home.
Then on Sunday after church we went back to Grandma and Grandpa Dunlop's for dinner and some fun times with family.
 |
| Lily's in her Easter Outfit |
 |
| TJ in his new studly Easter suit. |
 |
| Trying to pose for a cousin picture at the Dunlop's. Does anybody know how to make 3 kids look and smile all at once? |
Happy (Late) Easter!!!
cut post! and trying to get three kids to look and smile at once is a rare occurence! But it does make for some great pics!
ReplyDelete