For the last couple of weeks I've been wishing this baby would just get here. I suddenly realized though last week that I wasn't technically ready for him to come. So when I woke up not hurting as much as usually and with slightly more energy, I decided it was the day. I cleaned, scrubbed, organized/ re-organized, hand-mopped, disinfected, and did ALL of our laundry. It took about two days to do the bulk of it. My kids mostly watched movies all day for two days, with the exception of when I had them help clean their room. Which, by the way, Lily was actually very helpful with, which was awesome. Tony finished painting and putting together and building a rail for the new loft we got for the kids at the thrift store (it started out as my project, but he loved me enough to notice that the more pregnant I became, the less likely it was going to happen, and took care of it himself). The kids seem to finally be getting over their crazy virus they've had for a week, which is a good thing to be done with before a baby should be here. And Tony's staying late today to figure out sub plans for when he has to miss work.
So it's been a week since we started "getting ready", and now I finally actually feel like if this baby were to come tomorrow, we would be ready for him. Our kids have also been training us for a newborn this last month or so by waking up about every two hours and needing us for one reason or another...nightmares, sick, fell out of bed, wet the bed, etc. So between that and already feeling exhausted from being pregnant, we really feel like the baby might as well be here too. Can somebody please pass that on to the baby? Because I really haven't figured out how to. And I'd really appreciate him knowing. Because it's not up to me when it happens. Oh, but if it were...
WE'RE READY!!!!!!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete