Monday, April 4, 2011

...4 Months Later

So there have been 4 or 5 posts I meant to do in the last few months: Christmas, new house, and pregnancy Pictures to name a few.  But what can I say, I was busy with Christmas, moving, and being pregnant.:)  Just kidding, I'm just not very good at blogging yet, but I'm new at it, so maybe I'll get better.  I keep thinking I need to take some better pictures first, but then I don't, so I'm just going to go with what I have.  Here's a bit of a catch-up post.
We don't have very many pictures from Christmas, because our camera is broken and all of the pictures we took were with my mom's camera.  But we got a few on Tony's new Ipod on the way home.  It was a long drive, and we got snowed in a few places that we weren't expecting.  It was a fun little adventure, and totally worth it to be with my family for Christmas!
 It was FREEZING- we learned that our van's heater was not meant for -20 degree weather.  We could see our breath in the car the whole time. 
 We got to stay in a few extra hotels though, and the kids had a blast swimming and playing and watching movies for their extra surprise vacation time.
Then as soon as we got home we started moving to our new house!!  It took about a month and was a big headache because I really couldn't lift anything heavy and I was exhausted, but by the end of February we were both moved out of our old apartment, moved in to our new house, and unpacked.  And I'm SOOOOO happy we did it.  Just a few of the things that are awesome that we didn't have before: a yard, an extra bedroom, a deck in the backyard, a washing machine and dryer, food storage shelves, a dining room that's separate from our living room (without carpet!), a carport, windows so I don't feel like I live in a cave anymore, and a kitchen in which I can both open the fridge and open the oven at the same time should I choose to do so!!!  I'm in heaven.  I haven't really taken any pictures specifically of our house, but here are a few of the kids playing in the yard and on our back deck.

TJ and Lily got bikes at a consignment sale.  They can't quite ride them yet.  But they sure like to sit on them!

Swimming in February.  There's got to be some advantage to living in Louisiana, right?




Lily loves to climb our little tree in the front yard.  Lily and TJ are both having such a fun time with all of the dirt, leaves, and now flowers from the bushes in our yard.  We love having a yard!!

Trying to reach the potty treats.  I added this one because it's the only one I could find that showed a little bit of our new house.  But that brings me to other great news...

Lily is Potty Trained!!!! (mostly)

We also got rid of the soothers (or pacifiers for those who don't speak my native tongue) which is fantastic.

      Okay, one more group of pictures.  We all got to go to the Baton Rouge temple for our ward temple trip.  It was great to get to go to the temple, but a very long day.  We had to leave at 4 in the morning to get to the 9:00 session so that Tony could help the youth with baptisms afterward, so then I took the kids over to the Stake Center across the street and try to keep them happy for a couple of hours. 





Lily picked some flowers from the temple grounds (oops).  She's forever picking flowers, she says "for your wedding dress."  I don't know why they're for my wedding dress, but I get lots of flowers every day!

The sleepy ride home in no air conditioning (it was hot).


And last but not least...the preggo picture.  
This is the only one I have, and it's after waking up at four in the morning and traveling for 4 hours, so don't judge it too harshly.
Yay for swollen ankles.


1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! Congratulations on all the new exciting adventures in your lives!!

    ReplyDelete