Thursday, April 7, 2011

Awesome Mom Moment

      The last few nights have been relatively sleep-free for one reason or another.  Last night the kids woke up crying a couple of times, and since Tony heard them first he got up with them.  So when TJ woke up at 4:00 in the morning crying about his phone (what the heck?) it was officially my turn.  Unfortunately he also woke up Lily, and they were definitely wide awake and up for the morning.  So we got up and had breakfast and started our day and everything.  By 7:00 they were already ready for their naps (I was beyond ready for a nap).  TJ fell asleep pretty quickly, but Lily took longer and kept getting up, so I didn't get to take a nap.  TJ woke up around the time she finally fell asleep, so I put a movie on for him in the living room and went back to my bed.  I thought I locked the doors, but I either didn't, or he's learned to open locks. 
     
    Either way, I woke up about a half an hour later to TJ screaming MOM, MOM!!!  I went to the living room to see what the problem was, only to find my 2-year-old not there, but behind the closed and locked front door.  I opened it to a totally naked TJ, next to a puddle of water he had created with my watering can.  Apparently, he had gotten tired of his diaper (I found it on the floor in the living room, wet) had decided to go outside, and had been out there naked long enough to wander around to the front of the house and play in some water, until he tried to come in through a different locked door and got freaked out that he couldn't get back in. 
Awesome.  

Next step: chain locks too high to reach with a chair?  Or I guess I could not nap anymore.  We'll revisit that option when I'm no longer pregnant.  At this point I'm just glad that our across the street neighbors recently moved and nobody lives there right now to look out their window and see my naked boy.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! That sounds like a very eventful morning. Hope you get a good sleep tonight! K and I have a blog too!

    theberezayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki, I hope so too! Checked out your blog, I love it.

    ReplyDelete