Lily (looking out at the rain): Mom, what is water made out of?
Me: 2 parts hydrogen and one part oxygen
Lily: and what else?
Me: Nothing else...(I commence to give her my very limited understanding of chemistry in 4-year-old language.)
Lily: Oh. What are bones made out of?
Me: I don't know, should we look it up on the internet?
Lily: Sure. What's the internet?
Me: It's the thing on the computer that lets us look stuff up. (We read what bones are made of)
Lily: What are feathers made of?
We look it up. (keratin, by the way)
Lily: Mom, what are tree stumps made out of?
Me: Tree stumps?
Lily: Yah, I just know that because there are a lot of them in this world.
Me: Oh, yah. (I go to look it up, then remember) They're made of wood.
Lily: What is hair made out of?
Me: Keratin, I think...
And then TJ came and distracted us by wanting a popsicle.
I love curious minds. It's my favorite when she asks me random questions like she figures I must know everything. Lucky thing I know about the internet!
No comments:
Post a Comment