Sunday, April 22, 2012

Announcement!!!

    This has been a long decision 6 years in the making.  We wanted to when we were first married, then decided that we should finish school first (scholarships!), then wanted to when we graduated but for whatever reason it didn't feel right yet.  Well as of last Sunday, it's official.  We're moving in 6 weeks.  We decided in February to move , and applied for Tony's permanent residency then, but it could take up to a year for him to get it.   I'm trying not to panic because I kind of thought we were leaning towards moving after Tony got his permanent residency. But nope, 6 weeks to wrap up 6 years of loose ends.

    I can't even begin to tell you all of the details that went into our decision, not only whether or not to move but the more difficult decision once that was decided was when??  I can only say that a LOT of thought, prayer and fasting has gone into this one.  It was a really hard choice to make too, not blaringly obvious like it was when I had to decide whether to move to Louisiana or to Washington State.  In the end it was between this June and next June.  There was no ta da moment when I just knew what God's will was for us, which we thought might mean it didn't matter too much one way or another in the grand scheme of things.  But in the end, when we just made the decision to move now rather than later, it seemed right.  And now, a week later, so many things have happened to make me say to myself "wow, good thing we decided to move when we did," that I know for sure it is a good thing. 

Oh Canada...we're coming!  Plane tickets are paid for, U-haul is booked, our calendar is crammed full of "things to do" each day to get ready to leave in 6 weeks.  Anxiety lies just beneath the surface at all times waiting to attack me...only because it has to be the most organized move EVER (we have to list everything that goes into that U-haul!!!) and because we're leaving less than a week after Tony finishes his school year.  Which means that most of the packing is going to be my job.  (I don't think Tony thinks so...but I'm pretty sure he's wrong.)  Have you ever tried to pack with a baby?  I don't know about y'alls babies, but mine likes to take things out of boxes...and not be in a different room than me.  On the other hand, last time I had to pack everything up, I was pregnant...that was officially worse. Anyways wish us luck!  We're excited to see our friends and family in Canada in 6 short weeks.  And we're very sad to say goodbye to some amazing friends and family here.  We'll be back to visit though!

13 comments:

  1. Ohmigoodness, how exciting!! You do have your hands full! Good luck with everything, I'm excited for you guys and hope everything goes as smoothly as it can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Very exciting for you guys! It is really hard to pack with a little one behind you pulling things out. I used to pack until late at night after they were asleep and tried to do other things during the day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! yah that's what's going to end up happening. For now I'm just packing one or two boxes during Jaxon's nap every day.

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for you Carly! If it gets really crazy let me know. I would be happy to drive out and meet you half way and bring your kids back to Houston for a week so you can get your packing done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! That would be super helpful (plus fun to see you!) But I don't think we have a vehicle that would make it that far:)

      Delete
  4. good luck!!! Change can be exciting. Hopefully things go smoothly for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I am hoping this means you are moving to Southern Alberta.......I can't wait to see you again...and your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, southern Alberta is the goal. We're moving to Barnwell to live with my parents at first, and then we'll see where a job takes us. I'm hoping not far from the Lethbridge area.

      Delete
  6. How exciting! We know all too well how tricky it is to move countries! If it helps Glenns permanent residence only took 4 months from beginning to end. Very quick! They are usually really good if you apply outland. If you have any questions you can email me if you want! deanna.hole@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna! I definitely have some questions!

      Delete
  7. Just don't pack the baby in the box. (Not as easy to pull one's own self out.)

    ReplyDelete