Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jax is One!!

    My tiny sweet baby boy

        turned 1 today!!


 

       It's been so fun to watch him really take off and start to turn from a baby into a little toddler this month.  I'm surprisingly excited about the change.  I would have thought I`d feel sad to have him not be a baby anymore, but mostly I just love this stage so much.  He laughs and claps and says a handful of words (mom-ma, da da, ah duh for all done, and dah dah means bottle).  He sleeps through the night (usually) which is amazing.  He got a new tooth today, for a grand total of four, and he's finally starting to take an interest in food.
       On the other hand he seems like more of a baby than Lily and TJ were on their first birthdays, but I don't know why.  Maybe because he's still crawling (although he took his first steps last week!)  He also still nurses several times a day which is the longest I`ve nursed a baby.  It might also be that he's my littlest one so far- he only weighed 22 lbs. on Monday, which I think maybe TJ did by the time he was 6 or 7 months old.  I guess he`s just still a baby to me in my mind so the fun tricks he does are just that much more fun.  Who knows...I just know he`s one of the cutest babies ever:)


       Our house is currently in extreme moving chaos, so Grandma and Grandpa Dunlop let us have Jax's party at their house yesterday. He had fun hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Lindsey, eating some cake, swimming, and playing with his big brother and sister and cousin Cason!  I tried to go simple with his cake because I've been stressed with the packing situation in our house, and thought of this at the store while I was looking for his birthday present:

No decorating necessary.  It's a reverse score trifle-like cake.  The whipped cream is in the middle and the cake/ pudding/ toffee bits are on top to make it look like dirt.  Easiest birthday party EVER.  Plus I made it myself so Jax still knows I love him just as much as his siblings, who got personalized cakes for their first birthdays.  (Not that he cares now, but just in case he looks back on the pictures later!  Love you Jax!!!)  The best part is, this is what I wanted to get him for his birthday anyway!

 He thought it was delicious.  And wanted to hold it.


Opening Grandma and Grandpa's present.  He thought it was fun, and started clapping:)

Swimming.  Jaxon loves the water!


 Clapping for Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment