I just want to write a little about my thoughts for my sweet sister, Alisha, and her family. They are going through some pretty real trials, and have been for so many months. Last summer Alisha started having some problems with her pregnancy. She was put on bedrest for a long time, then eventually hospitalized 2 hours away from their home (for the NICU) until the baby would be born. Emery Hope was born on October 2, after five weeks in the hospital with us all praying for her safe arrival.
Emery's whole little life is a miracle. Born 10 weeks early, she was even weeks behind for her gestational age, and was born at a tiny 1 lb 13 oz. Her wonderful parents have been blessed, because of their faith and prayers, with the miracle of her life. They are truly amazing and faithful people.
Now it's almost April. Emery still has major health concerns and is in the hospital. They also have a sweet little active 3-year-old boy who now stays with Alisha at the Ronald McDonald house much of the time. They are still more than 2 hours away from home where Ryan has to work. While I don't always understand the exact condition that Emery is in, I do know that we're just not sure how much longer it will take to get that sweet baby girl home. And they need to go home. And Emery needs to be healthy.
I am truly beginning to feel like God is just waiting for us to help them ask for the second half of their miracle. From more than 2000 miles away, I feel so helpless to lighten their burden in any other way. I know that people who know and love my sister and her family already keep them in their prayers. For reasons I don't understand, there is strength in numbers, and I think this applies to prayer and fasting, and especially support. I'm asking for people I know, who love the Lord, to ask Him to support Alisha and her family, and to bring Emery home. I've started a facebook page where I hope that people who would like too, or have been in her circumstance can send their hope, love and encouragement, and where we can come together to fast and pray for Emery's and her family. I'm also hoping Alisha will be willing to share updates as they come, although she stays very busy and tired between the hospital and Emery, and her little boy, and all of the other things she has to do.
I just want Alisha and her family to know that they are truly loved so much. I know that they know sacrifice brings forth great blessings. But I don't think that it makes those sacrifices any easier. Only the Savior can truly lift those burdens if we let Him. And I pray that He will carry the Petersons through the rest of this trial, however long it may be, until that beautiful baby gets to come home.






Such a beautiful blog post Carly!
ReplyDelete