Thursday, February 23, 2012

Move over trains!!!

     Those of you who know my little sweety-pie TJ know that trains take a very special place in his heart, and a pretty decent chunk of his day.  He plays with them, talks to them, watches movies about them, and snuggles them to sleep.  He dreams about the trains that he would like to have (most of them of the Thomas variety) and has even started a mental wishlist "for Christmas". 

     I noticed, however that he mentioned a time or two something about a tractor in the last week.  So when my friend, Kelly, showed me this in her magazine of cool things to do with your kids, I jumped on it.  Went straight to the Dollar Tree that night (last night) and found the perfect tractors/ dump trucks, then on to walmart for a giant bag of corn meal.  TJ has been dying for some more attention lately, so I sent Lily to Joy School with the other girls, and took TJ over for a special playdate with just his little buddy Ethan.  I brought the new tractors along for a test drive.  They LOVED it.  TJ only left at the end of the morning with the promise that he could play in the "dirt" with Lily later after we picked her up.  Everywhere he went he had to bring his tractor.  (Unfortunately he also insisted it have a "full load" each time, and sometimes I didn't catch it in time.  Thus all the corn meal in my minivan.)  The best part is, I've been told that cornmeal kills ants, so I didn't have to worry about them doing it outside!



   

      Lily loved it too, although she was the most interested in it when I could play with her.  She likes lots of different toys, but is a lot more about the social aspect of playing than the toys/ games themselves.
    
     Anyway, I had to share this idea, it's already been hours and hours of fun at our house, and I'm betting there are more hours to come.  I'd say it cost somewhere around 7 or 8 dollars all together.  Worth every penny!

1 comment: