During this last week of pregnancy I've been trying to find the balance between wanting to sleep all the time and trying to do as much as possible with Lily and TJ before the baby comes and I can't anymore. (And to be honest, I'm hoping that if I push myself to do things that are physically hard for me, I might go into labor a little early.) So we've been doing things like going for walks, swimming outside, and going grocery shopping. Yes, these things sound quite simple, but I'm amazed at how not simple they can be when you're 9 months pregnant with both a 2 and 3-year-old.
So we went grocery shopping this morning because we were almost out of milk and cheese (this equals a disaster in our house). It went okay, and would have gone great if we hadn't needed to go to the post office afterwards, which just pushed it too far.
When we got home, it was very much time for an afternoon nap. After a lot of tears, I finally got TJ to go to sleep, and moved on to help Lily. She asked me, like she always does, "But what are we going to do after our naps?"
I said, "I don't know, what do you want to do?"
She said, "Go shoppin'".
"But we just went shopping."
"I just want to go shoppin' to a different kind of store."
"Um, I don't think we have enough money to go shoppinig for things for no reason."
"OHHHHH okay, we ran out of money?"
"Um, yah, kind of."
"Then I guess we just better buy some money. And more batteries."
"Buy some money and more batteries?"
"Yah."
"Good idea."
Was this a possible teaching moment? Probably. I could have gone into how we earn money by working hard and...um...something else very wise. But I didn't. Because I was tired. And she was cute. Maybe next time. I hope having one more little sweetheart to pay attention to doesn't make me miss out on too many conversations like that, because they really make my day. Plus how else would I realize that we're out of batteries?
hahahaha! You're kids are so cute Carly! I can't wait to see #3! Good luck with the next few weeks, and if you need a drivable vacation after things settle down this summer, we would love to have you visit us in Houston!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan! Sounds like fun. We're actually going to Dallas this July and my family's meeting us there for 6 flags and other Dallas fun. How far is Dallas from Houston? You guys should come!
ReplyDelete