I was talking to my Mom the other day and she was sad she didn't even know what Jaxon looks like anymore. I told her that he was pretty much the same, but then I looked at him. He's getting so big and changing so fast! So I decided to do a little update on him and my other "sweethearts", which is the word Lily thinks means children. (I love it, she's always asking everyone where their sweethearts are.)
The Jax
I can't believe he's already 4 months old!! He's getting really strong and a little bit chubbier. I've been trying to get him to roll over for a couple of days, because he's strong enough to turn to his side and back...he's not motivated though because he hates being on his tummy. But this morning I found him like this when I went to check on him during a nap:
I definitely had him on his back when I left him. So I guess that counts as his big first roll over?
This little man loves to play with toys. We call this one baby D.D.R. His feet go crazy while he pushes the foot buttons and tries to make it spin and sing. He loves to look at and try to grab mobiles and any other toy you put in front of him. It's fun for us, we've never really had a baby do that before so much.
We just discovered that he's strong enough to go in the jumperoo now, which totally helps when I need to make supper (or do anything that requires hands). He really likes to be held and snuggled...a lot.
He's also totally a thumb-sucker. Or finger-sucker I guess, or whatever he can get his hands on. I try to replace it with the soother, but as soon as it's not around his fingers/ thumbs go straight in.
The Teedge
Our sweet little TJ is getting bigger too. He is semi-potty trained as of this month. As in, we potty trained, he learned how, and he basically just doesn't really want to do it yet. So we're not pushing. He'll be ready one day, I figure. Every now and then he just takes off his diaper and uses his little potty randomly, and comes running to tell me, "Mommy, come see something!!", or my favorite "Come check-it-out!". You know he's pretty proud of himself if he tells you to check something out.
As you might be able to tell from the picture on the left (see the one with my very big 2-year-old in the high chair?) TJ is having a bit of a rough go at this new baby brother thing. He's pretty sensitive, and needs a little more attention than he's been getting the last few months. And he's been letting us know it (loudly). He's still super sweet to his little intruder though, and definitely loves him!
And this is basically what he can be found doing at any given time of the day lately:
He LOVES his trains.
The Lil
Lily can be found snuggling up to this little guy all day long. She loves to sing him songs (she makes up words for him.) She also loves to play princesses with her friends and loves to do her hair and put "make up" (lip balm) on.
Sometimes we like to go watch her daddy do Karate, and she loves to pretend she's doing karate at home. She watches pretty closely too, and tries to do what he does. The other night she wanted to do karate with Tony in our living room, so he was letting her pretend to do karate. TJ thought they were dancing, and cut in, and started singing the theme song for sleeping beauty (He knows all the words so that he can be the prince and dance with all the princesses who come to our house. We need more little boy friends maybe.) Anyway he then continued to pretend to hold a little stuffed animal and be his "daddy" and cuddle him and make his owies better. Lily continued to punch and kick her daddy who had gotten some of his gear out by this time. I love funny role reversal moments like that. Lily will be a strong beautiful karate princess one day, and TJ will be a very sweet daddy:)
This is Lily with her friend Abby today. We ended up having three different sets of friends over today, for a total of about 10 hours worth of playing. It was totally unintentional, but a lot of fun!
Tony just walked in (home from karate) and we had a conversation something like this:
Me: "Blogging takes a long time. I totally meant to be in bed by now. It seems like I don't have time to do anything, or at least do anything well because it takes too long."
Tony: "Well you look beautiful, you always do a good job doing that."
And that's why I really like him.
And those are my sweethearts. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment