So....I wrote this 3 weeks ago, seriously like 20 minutes after my family left. Then I thought to myself, "I'll have to wait until I put my pictures on the computer to put it up." And here we are 3 weeks later. Oops. Here it is:
Well my family that was here just left us (tear) We had a really fun and completely exhausting week with them. So we were very very sad to see them go, and then had a giant nap.
We were outside all week, most days in 107 degree weather, so we were wasted. The first day we went to Dallas to meet them, and went swimming outside in our hotel. Then the next day we went and spent the entire day at Six Flags (best roller coasters ever by the way). It was a good day for it, there were almost no lines, because it was a weekday and probably because it was ridiculously hot and everybody else had the good sense to stay home. But you don't come from Canada to go to Six Flags and then let a little heat get you down (107 is about 41 degrees Celsius, for all of my Canadians out there.)
 |
| TJ didn't want to leave that bunny. |
 |
| Isn't my mom super cute? |
Then on Friday we went to Splash Kingdom in Canton, Texas, and it again was crazy hot. I know for sure at least Lily and her cousin Champ had a lot of fun there. TJ had fun for a little while, but he was in desperate need of a nap, so he was pretty grumpy. Jaxon had his first swim (for the 15 minutes that we dared take him out from under a giant umbrella.) I think he enjoyed it.
 |
| At Chuck E. Cheese's that night. |
We had planned to go to Natchidoches on Saturday but we were all totally wasted, so we just relaxed in the hotel in the morning, went shopping a bit in the afternoon, and headed home. On Sunday we blessed Jaxon, which was awesome, and it was so nice to have his Uncle Ryan be able to join in the circle for the blessing. Jaxon looked so handsome in his little blessing clothes. We had a nice family dinner that afternoon.
 |
| Blessing Morning (July 17) TJ. and Jaxon had matching suits. | | |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Auntie Lanni |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa D. |
 |
| We said, "Smile Mike". Awesome. |
 |
| Uncle Ryan |
 |
| Nana & Papa |
Then on Monday we went to Natchidoches to the Alligator Park, and to a plantation, which were kind of cool to see.
I was a little worried that it would be a hard week with Jaxon, but he did really well. He was very patient at Six Flags as we tried to keep him in his hat, and always under something to keep the sun off of him. We were so blessed to have things go as smoothly as they did, and it was so nice to have family here for his blessing! This was definetely the highlight of our summer!
What a fun week that must have been, Carly. Canada is a long way, and you are very blessed to have your family make that trip to be with you. Isn't it great to be loved so much?
ReplyDelete~Sandi R.
Wish I could have been there! The pics all look great, I love to look at them!
ReplyDelete