This is my dad.
Just so you know, he's the best. He's kind and sweet, and such a good example. He is always concerned with making sure that his kids are happy. He has always been a very hard worker and taught us the importance of work by example. I loved it the most, though, when he was done working. He would play with us, give us piggy-back rides, and take us for long bike rides (and then pull our bikes when we got too tired to make it home). And I never even noticed if he was exhausted, which he probably was. Now that I'm a "grown-up" and live far away, I love to talk to him on the phone, and he's a great listener. He's also an awesome grandpa. We love to visit our Papa, and wish we could come more often. Thank you, Dad, so much for being so awesome and dedicating so much of your life to being an awesome dad and grandfather. I love you!!
And then there is my sweet husband, and father of my children. I have to say, he is an amazing daddy. He plays with our kids in a way that amazes me (especially when castles and knights are involved). He is patient, and loving. He wakes up in the middle of the night, sometimes several times a night, to comfort after nightmares, fix accidents, and feed babies. He also wakes up with the kids when I'm too tired, and loves and snuggles them or gets them breakfast and helps them get dressed if we're going to church. And he works hard the rest of the time with his two jobs to make sure that we are all taken care of. We love his guts. Happy Father's Day Tony!
| The kids and Daddy in one of his new father's day presents. |


No comments:
Post a Comment