Friday, June 24, 2011

26!! A Fun Birthday Week

We had a really fun time the week of my birthday, so I thought I'd share (and write it down so I can remember it.)  My birthday was on a Tuesday, so Monday night Tony took the kids shopping so that they could plan my party.  He let them decide everything.  On the way there, Lily told Tony she wanted to get me a dolphin.  So she found a cute little stuffed dolphin, that she informed me was a river dolphin when I opened it.  I guess TJ had a really hard time deciding what to get me, so they went over to get the food for the party.  They decided on pink cake (Lily's choice) and white icing with sprinkles (TJ's choice), and hot dogs.  It was while picking up the hot dogs that TJ decided that he wanted to buy me bananas for my birthday.  Apparently Tony then convinced him that a watermelon would be even better.  When they got home, they baked the cake, and we decided to go ahead and have our party (they were excited, why wait?)  The cake was delicious, and I loved the presents. 




      Jaxon wasn't lovin' the party hat.


The next day we went to Lincoln Parish Park to "the beach", and had a blast swimming in the lake and playing at the playground.  That afternoon I got to have a giant nap while Tony took care of the kids.  Tony also got me a massage that I look forward to using as soon as I have worked out a few more days in a row and am good and sore (so that it's totally worth it). 


I was trying to get Jaxon to smile for the first time all day, and he finally did 3 days later, on the 10th, which totally counts as my present because it was still my birthday week.  He is, by the way, already almost 6 weeks old.  Here are some of the pictures I took of him at  one month.








That weekend we were invited to a birthday party for one of my kids little 2-year-old friends, Kyle.  It was fun to spend time with so many of our friends who have little ones, and the kids had a blast on a slip 'n' slide and a kiddie pool.  (And so did some of the adults.)





It was a very fun and relaxing week!

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! Love the pics, I'm getting more and more excited to come visit! Champ can't wait to fly on the plane to see his cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly your only 26? Geesh! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun that week!

    ReplyDelete